There is a critical need for specialist arboricultural expertise within local authorities for the implementation of policies which protect and enhance the local tree canopy. Unfortunately, the important role of the Tree Officer is increasingly under threat from cuts to local government budgets and these are the times when temporary support may be necessary.
In this respect, Mark is able to draw on his extensive experience as a Tree Officer and provide help where it might be needed. Understanding that there are limited government resources available, we have a range of competitive packages for Local Authorities in these difficult times. If you want to know more about the services we provide below, please contact us:
- Administration of Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs)
- Processing tree work applications for protected trees
- Dealing with development site applications where tree matters are a consideration
- Writing reports and presentations for Planning Sub-Committees
- Attending enforcement visits relating to trees
- Giving evidence at planning appeals and attending court to represent the Local Planning Authority
- Advice and guidance for preparing and writing a local tree strategy.